COLLISION REPAIR TECHNOLOGY
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The work of the collision repair technician consists of those jobs that require knowledge of automotive construction and a relatively high degree of manual dexterity. Students enrolled in this program will become skilled in frame alignment, dent removal, replacing damaged parts, color matching, painting, and basic principles of air brushing. Students will receive instruction in solvent-based paints and in the implementation of green technology with water-borne paints. Safety is a priority in all areas and students will earn OSHA 10 safety certification.
- Employ solutions to properly repair multiple automotive structural materials.
- Appropriately prepare automotive paint surfaces for refinishing.
- Demonstrate current industry standards of mixing automotive paints and primers.
- Demonstrate appropriate applications of automotive paints and primers utilizing current industry standards.
- Model industry recognized techniques for tinting and blending of automotive paints.
- Evaluate automotive paint conditions and properly diagnosis paint solutions.
- Demonstrate appropriate repair solutions and applications in refinishing automotive plastics.
- Utilize green concepts as recognized by the industry in the application of waterborne paints and primers.
- Demonstrate welding knowledge and proficient skills utilized in automotive welding.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and proficient skills utilized in automotive detailing.
- Analyze and calculate collision estimates to generate a damage report.
Each student is required to furnish their own tools as approved by the instructor.
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The Collision Repair Technology program currently holds certification from the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF), in Painting and Refinishing. Students can take examinations and earn ASE Student Certification in this area.
Technology and Academic Support Building
1700 Helberg Lane
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站Ozark, AR 72949