Priority Registration Procedure
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The purpose of this procedure is to define the guidelines for students, staff, and faculty to follow with regard to a priority registration accommodation.
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站For the purposes of this policy, priority registration shall be defined as: Permitting a student with less than 60 earned hours to enroll beginning with the first day of the registration period for the upcoming semester.
- Priority registration allows eligible students early access to the registration system.
- Priority registration is considered a reasonable accommodation for students with disabilities
as illustrated by the following examples:
- Individuals with a mobility disability which prevents them from getting from class to class in a timely fashion,
- Students with a chronic health condition who need to carefully schedule classes around medication schedules,
- Students undergoing periodic medical treatments (for example, chemotherapy or dialysis) which preclude class attendance at certain times or certain days.
- Students seeking a priority registration accommodation must register with the Office of Disability Services (DS) and complete an intake interview with a DS staff member. The DS staff member will review and evaluate each request on a case-by-case basis. Supporting documentation may be required.
- The DS staff member will evaluate the student’s request in terms of the impact of the disability and demands of the student’s proposed schedule for that semester.
- The DS staff member will verify the student’s eligibility for a priority registration accommodation in a notification letter sent electronically to appropriate advisors/departments, department heads and the student prior to the first day of the priority registration period.
- Priority registration does not override any institutional or department policy (for example, the need for academic advisement or removal of holds), and does not expedite admission to a new program or re-admission to the University.