MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The focus of the MBA program at Arkansas Tech University is to prepare you for a business career with the information analysis and executive decision making skills needed in today’s fast-paced business world. If you are interested in enhancing your business or non-business career or are looking at a position of responsibility with your current employer, you may be interested in applying to this program.
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The difference you find in the Tech MBA program in comparison to many others is, its focus on the analysis and decision making skills that you will learn. Each course is designed to help you improve your ability to analyze information, not just "crunch numbers". Employers today are interested in people who can look at data and help the company make the best decisions possible in a competitive business environment.
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Arkansas Tech University provides a graduate business program for students wanting to further their education in business beyond the undergraduate level. The program offers, the general MBA track, a MBA with a Business Data Analytics concentration, and a MBA with a Digital Marketing concentration. All the MBA courses are offered online. The goal of the program is to prepare students for a successful business career in management and leadership roles with an emphasis on helping students develop important information, analytical abilities and data driven decision making skills.
Students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the course areas listed below whether they are admitted unconditionally or conditionally to the MBA degree program. Proficiency can be demonstrated by:
- Courses from an accredited university corresponding with those listed below; or
- Certification of proficiency from an approved source for each of the areas listed below; or
- A combination of 1 and 2 above.
Required Prerequisite Courses
- Principles of Accounting I & II,
- Principles of Economics I & II,
- Business Finance, and
- Business Statistics.
Unconditional Admission Requirements:
Students are eligible to apply for unconditional admission to the MBA degree program if they meet the following:
- Admission Requirements for the Graduate College
- Students will also be required to meet one of the following standards:
- A 3.50 GPA from an AACSB or ACBSP accredited business undergraduate program; or
- A score of 1,000 using the formula [GMAT + 200*GPA = 1,000] with a minimum GPA of 2.50 and a minimum GMAT of 450. A GMAT test score must be taken within the last five (5) years; or
- A minimum combined GRE score equivalent to GMAT of 450. Please check the link at ETS
website for the conversion: After a combined GRE score is converted into a GMAT score, the GMAT score should also
meet a score of 1,000 using the fomula [GMAT + 200*GPA =1,000] with a minimum GPA
of 2.50. A GRE test score must be taken within the last five (5) years.
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站Applicants not meeting the grade point requirement specified for unconditional admission may be admitted conditionally to enroll for a maximum of six (6) credits per semester. If a student was admitted conditionally based on grade point average, the condition will be met if upon completion of twelve (12) semester hours a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or better is achieved, and all the requirements for unconditional admission have been met, including GRE or GMAT exam scores that are stated above. A GRE or GMAT test score must be submitted prior to or upon completion of six (6) credit semester hours.
Students may be admitted conditionally if they have met the following requirements:
- Admission Requirements for the Graduate College;
- Students with a GPA below 2.50 from an accredited undergraduate program using all earned hours may earn conditional admission status if they score at least 1,000 on the above described formula for GMAT/GRE;
- Approval from the College of Business Admissions Committee.
The MBA program offers:
1. General MBA track
2. MBA with a Business Data Analytics concentration
3. MBA with a Digital Marketing concentration
General MBA track: 24 hours of core + 6 hours elective courses outside core = 30 hours. The 24 hours MBA core curriculum:
- ACCT 6103: Accounting Analysis
- BUAD/BDA 6203: Business Information Analysis
- ECON 6103: Managerial Economics
- FIN 6203: Corporate Financial Management
- MGMT 6103: Organizational Management & Leadership
- MGMT 6203: Decision Modeling in Supply Chain Management
- MGMT 6903: Corporate Strategic Management
- MKT 6103: Digital Marketing Management
Note that the 6 hours electives may be chosen from any MBA courses other than the core courses.
MBA with a Business Data Anaytics Concentration重庆欢乐生肖投注网站: 24 hours of core + 9 hours required/electives = 33 hours. The 24 hours MBA core curriculum (see above) required:
- BDA/MKT 6323: Applied Predictive Analytics
- BDA 6343: Advanced Analytics
- BDA 6363: Analytic Strategy
- BDA 6353: Big Data Strategies
- BDA 6073: Special Topics in BDA
Note that an elective may be offered to substitute one of the required courses
MBA with a Digital Marketing Concentration重庆欢乐生肖投注网站: 24 hours of core + 9 hours required/electives = 33 hours. The24 hours MBA core curriculum (see above) required:
- BDA/MKT 6323 Applied Predictive Analytics
- MKT 6113: Strategic Social Media Marketing
- MKT 6153: Consumer Insights
- MKT 6093: Special Topics in Marketing
Accredited by AACSB
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The Arkansas Tech University College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for business schools, stressing academic excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement. It also represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Fewer than 20% of the business schools in the world achieve AACSB accreditation.
|College of Business||Graduate College||Graduate Catalog|
Dr. Peng Huang
Rothwell Hall 416