What You Will Learn
重庆欢乐生肖投注网站The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management is housed within the College of Natural and Health Sciences. This program is designed to prepare future members of the modern healthcare team through a foundation in business and healthcare fundamentals, as well as management of electronic health record issues.
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Information and data management and analysis in a healthcare setting
- Coding and classification of records for reimbursement
- Differentiated quality and uses of data within the healthcare field
- Administration of health information electronic systems
- Compliance with standards and regulations
- Data preparation for accreditation and auditing
- Analysis of clinical data for research and public policy
Student Learning Objectives重庆欢乐生肖投注网站
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
Additional resources specifically for Tech students:
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduating From This Program?
The Health Information Management degree is designed to prepare students for a wide
range of career opportunities from working in healthcare provider offices or hospitals
to insuring organizations and electronic health record vendors.
Where Can I Get More Information About The Health Information Management Degree?
For more information about the Health Information Management degree and requirements, see the program within the College of Natural and Health Sciences catalog or contact the Program Director listed below:
Melinda Wilkins, PhD, RHIA, FAHIMA
Dean Building, Room 201D