What You Will Learn
What Is The BFA Graphic Design Degree?
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design is housed within the College of Arts and Humanities. This program is committed to providing a core foundation in visual art concepts, skills, and processes as well as art through technology and other media. We seek to challenge students to think critically and consider historical perspectives. This program provides the opportunity to develop and assess a composed portfolio of work within the students area of specialization.
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Identifying and applying visual arts concepts and vocabulary in constructive criticism
- Proficiency in design software and industry standards
- Ability to analyze and develop design problems
- Develop strong visual communication skills in design through research and an understanding of how design effects society
- Developing a substantive portfolio in Graphic Design
- Hands on understanding of professional practices in designer-client relationships
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
Additional Resources Specifically for Tech Students:
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduating From This Program?
Positions within the Graphic Design field include a wide range of opportunities including corporate, package & publication design, web, animation, motion graphics and more. Students can think out of the box with this major and explore careers in advertising agencies, creative studios, animation, brand marketing, web agencies, package design & motion graphics for film and television.
Where Can I Get More Information About The Graphic Design Degree?
For more information about the Graphic Design degree and requirements, see the program within the College of Arts and Humanities catalog.